The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Thursday, December 20, 2012

1.5 years of phone pics!

Andy and I are getting ready to upgrade our phones, (do we become iSheeple, or buy pants with extra big pockets to fit the Galaxy S3?  Decisions, decisions!), so I'm finally backing up all the pictures on my current phone, or the first time ever. There are so many important pictures, because when unexpected "firsts" happened, I usually only had my phone close enough to capture them. So these are just a couple dozen pictures from the past 18 months!  Some of them aren't of the best quality, but hey, they're from a phone, so keep your expectations low, and look past the blurriness and dull colors!


 This was the first picture I took of him with this phone.  (Aww, he was such a little chubster back then!) I was super impressed with the color quality of this pic.  The love affair with my phone's camera ended swiftly thereafter.

 Hanging out in his infant car seat before daycare.

 He was playing in his room, and saw his blanket in the laundry basket while I was putting away his clothes.  He made whiny noises until I gave it to him.  We should have seen the blanket obsession starting then.

 This was when I found his suit for Cool Aunt Steph's wedding, and sent a picture to the bride for approval.  Cutest little suit in the world!

 His first time sitting in a high chair at a restaurant!

 Go Sox!

I set him down on a clean mat in front of a full basket of toys, then came back to find this.

 This was such a cute little outfit.

 He looks like my Dad's side of the family in this picture.

 First baseball game!

 First day in the Infant B classroom!

Crawling away to explore the new room.

 Frozen peas and carrots were a favorite dinner for awhile.  He wouldn't touch the green beans though!

My car was broken so I was riding in the back of the Mustang with him.  We were on our way to book our trip to Curacao!

First plane ride! 

He was eating pieces of Greek pizza.  Chad inherited my love of feta and black olives!

 This was a not-so-fun day waiting in Urgent Care with a double ear infection.  He was still the cutest little kid there!

Waiting patiently at the table at school,  It was waffle day!

 Christmas 2011, banging on his new drum from Uncle David,

Chad and I were in the grocery store, and they were giving free samples of a chocolate-mint spread made by Philadelphia cream cheese, on little graham crackers.  I foolishly thought it would be a good idea to let him have a snack, thinking he would be quiet while I shopped.  Stupid newbie mom move.  We got chocolate everywhere, and I had maybe half a tissue in my purse to clean him up with.

He wanted to try to eat a whole hamburger. 

Another visit to Urgent Care.  This was when he got Foot and Mouth disease for Mother's Day.  That was fun. 

He went running to see his favorite teacher on the playground, but tripped and fell on his nose and forehead. It took a long time for this to heal, but his face is pretty perfect again!

Dinner at Torero's.  We bought him his own taco from the kid's menu.  He was laughing at the waiter when I took this picture.

It was an awfully big taco for a one-year-old. 

Eating homemade pumpkin ravioli! 

Impressive fork use, huh? 

His first time walking in the Gulf of Mexico! 

I hope he never outgrows those little shark overalls. 

Early morning soccer practice on the beach.

The firemen were collecting money outside of the grocery store.  Chad gave them $1.  They let him take a peek inside the truck 

He is actually more fascinated by school buses than firetrucks.  We were late getting him to school today, and he pointed out every school bus on the roads.

In a corn maze 

Trying on his Halloween costume. 

Taking a break at the park. 

The first time he successfully whined his way into taking his blanket with him for a car ride.  If only we knew what our little Linus would get away with later. 

 Supporting the Panther's at school!  Rawwwrr!

We were laptop shopping, and just when Chad had reached his breaking point, an employee came up with a helium balloon for him!  Andy can hate Best Buy all he wants, but I thought it was nice of them to give Chad his first balloon!

His first time playing with Mega Blocks. 

We collected Pampers Points for nearly two years before we had enough to get him these blocks! 

I'm no good at taking self-portraits with my phone, but this was us on Halloween, when he wore his costume to school. 

Little Raccoon, sitting on the classroom's couch. 

When Blanket Mania 2012 hit it's peak, we had to let Chad bring his blanket into school, or else he would just cry all. day. long. He even took the blanket on a tricycle ride in the playground, and it came home covered in leaves, dirt, and germs.  It went straight into the washing machine that night, which caused all sorts of tears.  I told Chad I was going to make dinner, but he could watch the blanket if he wanted.  A few minutes later, I came back and he was still sitting there, sniffling and watching his blankie. 

Andy was out running and got a text.  Chad grabbed the phone and pretended to answer it and talk while he played. 

 One morning he lined all the accessories for his vet kit up on the window sill.

And then one of the puppies got a grooming.

He was sharing his milk with a crocheted mouse, and making sipping noises.

So long, LG Windows phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment