The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Monday, July 29, 2013

I am a bad bad blogger, but things have been happening here and Chad is busy. I'm going to make it up to you by sharing a whole bunch of random pictures from the past few months. And stay tuned because pics from our beach trip will be popping up soon too!

First, look at my little scientist in the making!

I had to present this poster and then came straight home instead of going back to the lab. It spent the weekend nerdify-ing our living room. I came in one morning to find Chad sitting in front, studying my data.
After I snuck the first picture of him, he stood up and posed with it for another picture. This is exactly what every young scientist/grad student does with their very first poster presentation- pose next to it like it's Nobel Prize-worthy material. (I should try to find my picture with my first poster- I know I have it somewhere.) By the time you have a few posters under your belt, you o to poster sessions and spy the newbies posing with their posters and silently laugh at them. I'm glad Chad got his first poster pose out of the way at a young age, so if he grows up to become a scientist he won't get sucked into posing like a newb.

Next, here he is with his new "toy"! Just in case he decides not to be a soccer star, we got him a piano, so he can express his more sensitive side.
Every great piano player wears a cape to practice.

I think I played "Happy Birthday" two hundred times the first weekend we had this.

His "yawn-yo-er". It blows bubbles. We talk about this almost every day. The only thing more exciting than a yawn-yo-er is a weed whacker. Did you almost any inanimate object can be transformed into a weed whacker?

Looking cool in his shades. I think we were actually watching Andy use the real weed whacked from a safe distance here. Sunglasses should always be worn upside down, for maximum coolness.

Waiting for breakfast in his little robe.

He got a "big boy" haircut, complete with gel spikes. He calls this his "dinosaur hair".


Chad still loves to help me bake. One night, we made Harry Potter Butterbeer. 
Ready to taste it...

Must not have been what he expected!

But he chugged it all!

Soccer is over, but he got a certificate, and in a sign of things to come, they spelled his last name wrong on it. He is now a Bronze level Cub, which is actually the lowest you can be, but they probably didn't consider cuteness when they gave out that ranking. Next year we're shooting for silver. 



Watching the wild life.

It was all fun and games until he fell on the stairs and hurt his lip. Maybe this will teach him a lesson about running in the house.

 Another reading of The Little Engine That Could. Also known as the book that Mommy is most likely to hide so she doesn't have to read it.

In other news, 
  • We have had remarkable Freddy Frog progress at home, but it doesn't translate to school, which is a problem. The phrase "Mommy, I did it, the peepee came out!" is music to my ears these days. 
  • Chad can count to 10, as follows: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 13, 10, 13, TEN!!" <-- The second 10 is the big finale.
  • I have a video of Chad riding his tricycle all by himself, but I can't figure out how to get it off my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment