The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Catching up on fall stuff

Oh, I know, we are so far behind in what has been happening around here, but hold on, I'm going to bring you up to speed with a whirlwind of 23 pictures and 2 videos. I'm not even going to edit the pics first, so if there are red eyes in them, too bad.
Oh, and we're going all out of order to, so don't let your head spin too much.
Here we go.
Firstly, Halloween!
This was them before their Fall Festival day at school, when they call wore their costumes. I don't think Natalie and Theo kept them on very long.

We went to a costume parade with the our local twins group. Many cute little twins in coordinating outfits. I give myself a passing grade for this Halloween because they sort of match at least. Maybe next year we'll coordinate a bit.

Chad getting his loot.

While the older kids ran around the playground, Theo and Natalie amused themselves by eating mulch.




For the actual Halloween, the babies took a break from their costumes for school.

But Chad went, and one of his favorite little girl friends (to clarify, a girl who is his friend, not like, his relationship girlfriend) wore an Elsa costume and matched him (totally unplanned.) I asked to take their picture and they immediately stood together and held hands! So cute!!

And that night we went trick or treating, which is an insane event in our neighborhood. You have no idea until you witness it. The babies only made it for a few houses, but Chad and his little friend stayed out longer.
 Chad, his friend, his friend's dad, and his friend's dad's beer.



I was willing to stay out for a long time, but eventually Chad announced that he would only like to go to three more houses, so we chose three more very carefully and then headed home to eat chocolate. Did anyone else notice there seemed to be a lot of KitKats handed out this year?

(Going back in time to mid-October now.)

I ran the Bull City RaceFest Half Marathon and had four cute cheerleaders.
Chad was upset in this picture because we wouldn't let him look inside a porta potty. He has sucha rough life.

Hanging out at mile 8.

At the end of the race was a food truck rodeo. Chad and I looked up the attending food  trucks and decided we needed to visit the waffle truck and the cupcake truck, but there were long lines so we settled for just waffles. With chocolate inside them and bananas, walnuts, and whipped cream on top.
 Yay, Durham!

Chad was so excited about the idea of racing that we decided to let him participate in a little race too. He and Andy raced in the Freaky 4-miler costume race. Chad was in the stroller for most of it, but then got out and ran to the finish himself.

And then we got to go eat candy and brownies and Chad won Shwings in the raffle.

Sometime in there we celebrated Chad's birthday



But Theo celebrated too much and got a fever of 103.9, and I was freaking out but the nurse triage said to chill, and not to worry unless it was like 105. He spent a whole week at home, feverish and throwing up but now is good as new.



And then we had an anniversary.

And we had a request for videos of our mobile babies, so here they are:

Theo crawling: He is very methodical about it

Natalie crawling: She likes to keep a foot up by her hands for emergencies.
I think the cat damage to the chair adds a nice visual to this one. Anybody want to re-upholster our chair for Christmas?

Along those lines,don't expect cute Christmas cards this year, as we had zero cooperation from the kidlets. Chad was just being difficult and giving cheesy smiles, and every time the photographer held the camera up, Natalie would start crying. Out of all of our pictures, the only one that made me saw "Awww!" was a solo shot of Theo, so that's what we went with. One picture of Theo, and stick figure drawings of the other two. Kidding. We just settled for the least bad pictures for them. I almost want to get new ones taken, but I think Andy will have a Best Buy-like conniption if I suggest that, so check your mailboxes for mediocre cards this year! Yay, Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment