The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Friday, August 5, 2016

Celebrating our most wonderful surprise


Happy National Twin Day! 
I bet you didn't even know this was a thing, did you? Well it is! It is one of those holidays that changes dates every year, because it coincides with the Twins Festival in Twinsburg, OH. No idea what goes on up there, but it last for several days, and maybe some day we'll go!
Incidentally, National Twin Day coincides with the anniversary of the day we found out we were having twins, which was Aug 6, 2013, which I will never forget! I was already high anxiety because it was the first ultrasound to see if everthing was OK, and then Andy had gone to the wrong doctor and was running late and I was worried he wouldn't get to see anything. The ultrasound nurse wasn't allowed to tell me it was twins (apparently only doctors can give out diagnoses from ultrasounds) so she was just rocking the wand back and forth, back and forth focusing on the two little beans, until I finally joked "Are there two in there?" And she said, "There are two in there!" and the next bit is a little hazy but I know there was much panic and hyperventilating and people telling me to drink water. Then I called Andy and blurted out the news to him while he was driving, which, in retrospect, was not my brightest move, but he was on a straight road, so it all turned out OK.

These two are the sweetest little best friends, even though they are very different. Natalie is a princess and dramatic, and Theo is so sweet and so funny in a quiet, inconspicuous way. Last night it was just me and them for dinner so I set them up with frozen blueberry waffles (STOP JUDGING ME!) so I could just get them fed and in bed and then have real food by myself. They were eating at the table together while I was putzing around in the kitchen, and having a little conversation with each other: "Nanny, I have my seahorse. My seahorse was on the couch." "My baby was upstairs, Theo." "Did you go upstairs to get your baby." "Yes, I got my baby. I came right back." "Here is my seahorse, and here is your baby." When I was putting them to bed, we talked about what made us happy or sad that day, and Natalie said her classmate Giselle made her sad, and then looked at me with pitiful eyes. Theo said, "It's OK, Nanny." and gave her a hug. (No word on whether he went into big brother beast mode on Giselle today.)

I have so much to write about Kindergarten (!) but let's just say we have been crazy getting used to this, but things are good, and Chad has been pretty great about the transition. You will all just have to wait for that post, because I'm busy starting a new job and Andy has all these moving labs to take care of, and with everyone picking up different kids from different schools, there is no time to do anything else. There have been days where between work, then kids, then running, I don't get to stop moving until I fall into bed. So be patient. Thank you!

And here is one more picture, probably the cutest ever taken.
Ah, but somehow I missed the focus a little bit!
He may get confused about which doctors' office we need to meet at, but he sure makes cute babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment