Alas, we were getting to the point where people were going to start mistaking Chad for a sheepdog, and we needed help from some professionals. I have a great hairdresser, but she says she won't take customers who can't sit still. So today was his first appointment at Peek-a-Do, a hair salon that caters to the 12 and under demographic. I wasn't sure they would handle a squirmy 13-month-old, but the receptionist said he would be fine.
(When I told Andy about our plans for the afternoon, his response was "This is going to be a disaster," and then he went on a run in hopes of seeing the flasher who's been causing quite the stir on our running trail.)
Chad and I headed down to Peek-a-Do, where he was given the option of three fancy chairs to sit in. We chose the car because it had a steering wheel to play with, and it's primer-colored paint job reminded me of the Sundance I drove back in high school.
The "before" shot
Each chair has their own DVD player. The hairdresser, Nicole, asked what Chad liked to watch, but he never watches TV, so I didn't know of any favorite shows. The last client was watching Scooby-Doo, so we just left that on. Chad didn't seem particularly interested. Not even when they brought out the Scooby snacks.He tried to steal her comb, so she let him borrow a spare one to play with.
I know Babci will appreciate the design on his smock.
Those little curls are gone now :(
Chad did great for the first 80% of the cut, but then he refused to let Nicole trim over his left ear. We tried distracting him with toy trains, giving him water bottle to spray, and having me hold him, but there was no way we were getting the last few snips in. It still came out pretty cute, and Chad handed Nicole her tip, withoutb trying to eat it first.I don't think any part of the afternoon qualified as a "disaster." (Oh, snap!)
Afterwards, we stopped at the park.
And here are some shots of the new 'do:
The girls in Infant Room B are going to go gaga over this handsome little dude tomorrow!
We got home just in time to see the Panthers win!
5-9!
"Huzzah, a sleeping cat to play with!"
"You want to play cars, Cat?"
"No? K, I'll just run it into you until you pay attention to me."
"Still not interested? Then I'll have to steal your tail."
(And that is the end of the series of pictures, because I had to drop the camera and save Chad from Fenway's wrath.)Chad had a busy week with his PopPop, but I'll have to save that for another post. Stay tuned for that update--- it includes several new firsts!
So cute!!!! I love his haircut!
ReplyDelete