The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Touch a Truck

Touch a Truck is sponsored by a local boy scout troop. They invite all sorts of vehicles, and kids can climb in all of them and ask questions. Right up Chad's alley! Chad and I left Andy at home with the babies and went truck touchin'.

 We started in a Chad-sized Bobcat.


 Here he is, picking up a little girl.

 They are going on a date in the Bobcat.

 She's so impressed she can't even look at him.

But then he decided he wasn't that interested in her, so he ditched her to sit in the scoop.





 I was a little worried that all the horn honking would drive me crazy, but most honks were short and sweet. There were only a few kids who abused the horns.

 I have no idea what truck this was.

 It had an open-air driver's seat.


 A Chapel Hill transit bus



 Checking out the electronic devices in the police car.

 This better be the only time he's in the back seat of a cop car.

 With the oxygen tanks in a firetruck.

 Buckled in. Safety first!

 A cushy RV with a TV on the outside! Chad and I made sure we checked out the tiny little toilet.





 Inside the school bus.

 Bulldozin'



 An antique Army truck. This had one of the loudest horns. Also, Chad and I accidentally turned the windshield wipers on and couldn't figure out how to turn them off.

 A big crane! The crane had a swing attached to it, but we didn't try that out. We were strictly there for the horns and steering wheels.

 A helipcopter landed shortly after we got there!

 The helicopter from afar. UNC- boo!

We waited on line for-ev-er for the helicopter, but when it was finally Chad's turn he got scared and wouldn't go in it. I bet if Duke's helicopter were there he would have gotten in it. He was also scared of the ambulance and the abc11 news van.

This weekend we had more truck time when we stopped at the new pedestrian bridge over I-40.

We waved at all the vehicles and danced around like idiots trying to get them to honk. Most of the trucks gave us really big honks. Some didn't. A big Target truck ignored us, which wasn't very nice. I'll be taking my business elsewhere, Target.

Then we spent the afternoon at the Strawberry Festival. It's put on by a charter school that has a very competitive lottery. I was hoping to find someone I could bribe to get Chad into it in a few years, but no one looked bribe-able. So we just ate their strawberries instead.

We made some spin art:


And had a strawberry painted on Chad's face
I forgot to take a picture of the finished artwork.

We also played with bubbles and play dough and watched the dunk tank and ate a cupcake. But then Chad became ornery and we hightailed it out of there before they banned us from even entering him in the lottery.

Cute babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment