Chad wanted to be included too.
Much better, at least hair-wise
So far we've (almost) survived two full weeks of daycare. If they were getting graded, Natalie would get an A-, and Theo would get an Incomplete.
Remember three years ago when Chad didn't even make it through his first day of daycare without being sent home early with a fever? Yeah, so I didn't have high expectations for two babies making it through a full day without getting sick. Daycare is a little cesspool of germs.
Our first day! Theo settled down and was happier about the situation than Natalie was. Natalie is happy being held, but requires pacifier time when the teachers have to pay attention to someone else. (Note: the baby room is shoe-free, which is why there are shoes near the door. Not my shoes, but I do like those.)
I waited all day to get a phone call asking me to pick up a sick baby, but it never came. When we got there, Natalie was already wearing one of her back-up outfits. She is not great about keeping her clothes clean for a full day.
As we were getting into the car, Chad announced, "I'm sick. I need to go to the doctor." And I was like, "Nice try, you aren't sick, it's just a little cold. Stop sneezing on your sister."
That night, both babies slept the entire night!! First time that has ever happened! Hooray!
But... instead Chad started crying because his ear hurt. That meant an early morning trip to Urgent Care where they confirmed that both ears were infected.
Guess I should have listened to him about needing to go to the doctor.
Second day of daycare. Yay for matching outfits!
The teachers say that Theo does better when they're sharing a Boppy. Natalie doesn't care one way or the other.
Their assigned cribs are right next to each other. The other cribs along that wall are shared by another set of twins in the class (identical girls!)
Theo: LOL, Natalie looks dorky in her matching hat!
Natalie: Mom, you're embarrassing us, stop taking pictures and leave. The door is that way.
I didn't really make her wear the hat all day. Just for the commute and to take a picture because it was cute.
Going back to work has been fine, except for the day my computer shut down and then started doing this:
Good thing I have IT connections.
Chad picked out Natalie's bow for this outfit.
Day 10 of daycare...
We made it through 9.75 full days before I got a phone call that Theo had thrown up everywhere and needed to be picked up early. I decided to leave Natalie and Chad there for Andy to get later, because if Theo was sick I didn't want to have to take care of them while cleaning up puke. So this was a very important first- for the first time in their entire existence, Natalie and Theo were separated! :( A while two miles! As soon as we sat down on the couch, Theo fell asleep. I used the time to catch up on Grey's Anatomy. I think Cristina is making the right decision.














No comments:
Post a Comment