Last Friday was Wacky Tacky Day at school, and the kids were encouraged to wear wacky and tacky mismatched clothes. Of course, my children did not celebrate this foolish day, because I don't want to encourage them to cast aside their fashionable clothing choices for made up holidays. I mean, what if Heidi Klum makes a surprise visit to look for new baby models for her baby clothing line, Truly Scrumptious. Who's going to get a modeling contract, the baby looking adorable and actually wearing Truly Scrumptious clothes, or the kid in mismatched wacky, tacky clothing?
One of Natalie's outfits from the Truly Scrumptious line. You just had heart palpitations from the cuteness, didn't you?
Instead, they wore their normal cute clothes. Natalie actually had on an adorable pink and grey corduroy jumper with matching grey leggings.
And a hair bow, but that's pretty much a given.
When we showed up on Friday, Aida and Addison were both obviously celebrating Wacky Tacky day, because their clothes were mismatched colors and prints. And one of them (I can't tell them apart) was wearing a tutu that Natalie would have loved. I didn't think much of it,but as I was driving to work, a bunch of thoughts started rushing through my tiny little brain.
"Huh. Aida and Addison never wear tutus. I wonder why they started today."
"Wait... today is Wacky Tacky Day. Were they saying tutus are tacky??"
"Natalie wears tutus like once a week. Are they insinuating that she dresses tacky?"
"OHMYGOODNESS, those little squirts are probably making fun of her at home each night for always being so well-dressed. This was clearly a snub! They smile at her at school, and then go home and make fun of her tutus and hair bows!!!"
Now... I know you're thinking that I'm just too sensitive and was over-analyzing this and getting offended for no reason. BUT, when I mentioned this to Andy, he said he had thought the exact same thing! And he's not one to take offense to thing easily. So it must be true. They were making fun of her.
Natalie is still too young to understand the concept of frenemies, so it's a good thing she has me to help her. We will have to subtly let those girls know that we don't care about their stupid opinions. We will do so by increasing our tutu wearing, going bigger and bolder with the hair bows, and dressing them in their Duke onesies more often. (Aida and Addison have frequently sported clothing from one of the other Triangle schools.)
I promise this snub will come back to bite them in the booties. First of all, Theo is the cutest little boy in the class, and do you really think he's going to flirt with the girls who made fun of his sister?
And if those girls think tutus are silly, just wait until they see the winter coat I bought Natalie. It's not only over-the-top, but it makes her look like a mafia wife, and you don't want to mess with that.
That's right. You diss Natalie and she will steal your stuffed animals and make a coat out of them.
This is her fighting face. Note that even when she's mad, and enjoying water play, she's careful to match her headband to her suit.
So you can all rest assured that the situation is under controls. Nats has 99 problems, but those girls won't be one.
Whoa. That was intense. Here's a funny pic to lighten the mood a bit:
Clearly, Chad has reached the point in his life where he could not care less what people think of his outfits.



No comments:
Post a Comment