The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Five months old!


 It's a good thing I post monthly pictures or I might never get myself to the computer to post at all. Two babies = mucho work

I promise Theo has turned into a very happy baby and he smiles all the time. He just can't smile when there's  a camera around.

Here's some proof that he can be happy. He was glad it was Duke Day. Meanwhile, you can tell that Natalie was unimpressed.


Look at Miss Patriotism in her little jean skirt and red white and blue outfit! I love that she finally fits into this skirt. They didn't have a well baby visit this month, but Natalie had a sick baby visit to Urgent Care, so we know that she is closing in on 14 pounds. Grow, baby!

And here's Chad, getting in on the picture action.

Chad eating one of the Cookie Princess's root beer cookies. Best cookies I've ever eaten.

Chad's first trip to the movies. He's been singing "Let it Go" ever since. To anyone looking for birthday present ideas for him- the Frozen DVD would save me from Youtube-ing his favorite scenes. Do you want to build a snowman?

I got him a tie for the babies' Baptism. He is so proud of it. He told me this makes him a "Church man".

This is how he came down from a nap one day.

No clue what was going on here.

We survived a whole weekend with Andy out of town. I don't know how we survived. Oh, that's right, we watched Disney movies each morning and baseball after dinner both nights. The first night, Chad made us English Muffin pizzas for dinner. The second night, I used durhamtakeout.com to have Mexican delivered to our door. (Chad told me he wanted grilled cheese delivered, and quesadillas was the closest I could find. After the delivery girl left, Chad announced that he she was his best friend and he loved her for bringing him dinner. 

We ventured out for a walk, but I wasn't taking them anywhere else without my back-up.

The babies worked on their tans while Chad and I played baseball. (KIDDING. Relax. They were in the shade.) Chad is great at baseball (OK, whiffle ball) and has hit two game-ending homeruns over our fence into neighbors yards.

Five months old means it's time to start trying rice cereal. I slaved over a hot stovetop to make them homemade rice slop. It didn't go over well.

She didn't mind the high chair. 

Getting excited when she saw what was coming... 

Eyeing up the slop... 

 Blech. Wouldn't swallow anything.

 And Theo didn't like it either.

I must have "fed" him the same spoonful half a dozen times before I conceded that he wasn't going to swallow it.

I'm going to try spoonfeeding them little bits of formula over the next few days to see if they get the hang of it.

Look at that little Bumbo. Or "bungalow" as Andy keeps calling it. I never bought one for Chad because it seemed like one more thing to trip over, but they've both been using them in daycare. They sit in them during story time. (Take a moment to imagine the cuteness of babies in bungalows all listening to a story. A to the dorbs, right?) I walked out of daycare that morning, thinking it may be good for them, and then by the time I got to work I'd gotten our weekly classifieds listing from the Moms of Multiples club, with someone selling one. Natalie and Theo are technically on the older side for Bumbo use, but their legs still fit out the holes, so we'll use it for a few more weeks and then sell it at the fall yard sale and make most of the money back anyway. God bless the Moms of Multiples Club.


Here's Natalie having some QT with Violet on the play mat. You have to be careful about putting both babies on the mat at the same time. Theo has been pulling Natalie's ears a lot lately.

Frogs!

Flamingos! With a feather hair bow for Natalie!

Sometimes they're super cute and snuggle at daycare and pose like little baby models.

Other days they are too absorbed with their crinkly bugs to even look at the camera.

For my birthday, I got a family pass to the museum, so the babies started their geekification
They really weren't too interested in learning.



One more incredibly cute picture of Theo. I know, he's wearing this onesie in like half the pictures I take of him. But he looks so good in Duke blue, so I dress him in it all. the. time. It doesn't even really fit anymore, but I'm still squishing him in there. If their new COUSIN is a boy, it will be shipped to NY, so the poor little guy has something to wear besides Yankee crap. 

OK, I lied, here's one more picture. Both babies were playing on the same blanket. I picked Natalie up to feed her, and Theo somehow grabbed her part of the blanket, put it over his face, and passed out for an hour. Ahhh, peace and quiet. Which is when I STARTED writing this blog post, but got interrupted by everyone so many times, and now it's a good two hours later. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment