The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Monday, June 8, 2015

Catching up on May!

Ready for some random pictures? Here we go!

So... Let's talk about Theo's outfit... When I checked to see who had bathing suits that fit for this summer, I found this green one, (size18-24 months), which I knew Chad wore when he was about 21 months old. And I assumed it would work for Theo this summer. However, just because a bathing suit fits a ~50th percentile in height 21 month old does not mean it will really work for a ~10th percentile 15 month old.

And then I put a floppy hat on him, and I couldn't find his water shoes, so he's just wearing old sneakers.

Poor little guy. That bathing suit is like a maxi skirt on him!

"Stop taking my picture! I know I look ridiculous!"










Here's Natalie making her first batch of brownies with me!!


Look at that cute little bracelet! (Try not to look at how dirty my oven door is. I swear it looks cleaner in real life.)

And then we let them eat  some of the brownies. 


Things got messy.







OMG, she looks so grown up here!

It was flamingo/tropical shirt day in our hosue! I tried to get them all to take a picture. We started off with some hard core cheesin' from Chad.


Now they're starting to get bored.

Then Theo got distracted by a the wall, and Natalie stood up, waved to the camera and said, "Hiiiiiii!" which was adorable.


Annnd we're done

Those shoes have sparkles and puff balls on them!

Everyone has been promoted! Theo and Natalie are in the toddlers room, and today was Chad's first day of KPA (Kindergarten Prep Academy)! Chad has been waiting his whole life to be a KPA student. (He told us tonight that the KPA class has students in it.) KPA students learn such fun things, AND in the past they've gone on little field trips! We still love his old teacher Miss Crystal, and Chad gave her flowers on his last day along with a note that he dictated to me that said, "Dear Miss Crystal, Thank you for being my teacher. I love you. Come visit me in KPA! Love, Chad." He picked out the flowers himself. After I told him we weren't buying the $20 roses, he found a bouquet with white, green and brown flowers that he thought she would really like. (Brown = little brown lillies, not dried up dead flowers. Trust me, they were pretty.)
The transition to toddlers has been rougher, especially the mornings for Natalie. The school only has about three classrooms open when we drop them off in the morning. The two infant rooms go together, the 3s, 4s and KPAs go in a room together, and then the toddlers and 2s go together. As more students/teachers show up they get broken off into their real classes. The toddler teachers don't show up until a little after we get there, so Theo and Natalie start off with the 2s. Poor Natalie is soooo sad she cannot go see her old teachers in the baby room. She likes the toddler teachers once she gets down to that room, but wants nothing to do with the 2s teachers! As soon as we walk in there, she gets all stiff and then the second it looks like we're leaving her she becomes inconsolable. When the toddler teachers come to take her, she starts smiling and laughing and looking for hugs from them and is fine for the rest of the day. We've sort of tried getting there a little later in the mornings so we can go straight to toddlers with her, but it doesn't always work out. The toddlers do art projects, and Theo loves art! They also sleep on cots instead of cribs. And they have a better playground, which means scraped knees. And this class has a "known biter" who is usually under close watch, but one afternoon they were lining up to go outside, and Theo grabbed a railing and his arm was perilously close to the biter's mouth, who took a chomp out of him. (He handled himself with grace and class afterwards.) 
Also, I'm turning into a sap. I read The Velveteen Rabbit to Chad tonight, and got all teary at the end. The rabbit turned Real because the boy loved him! And then the rabbit went back to see the boy! Chad was the most interested in the part where the boy got sick, and had a fever that made the bunny hot too. And he thought the fairy was pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment