Today we waited for 45 minutes at the doctor's office for a two minute appointment so the doctor could tell me that yes, I am still pregnant. He seemed like he really wanted to make the wait worth our while, so he started asking if we had written a birth plan. Fortunately, I had brought a copy with me to show him. (Because he'd brought this up previously. I don't just carry things like that around on a normal basis.)
He said we did a very good job writing it and they wouldn't have any problems with it. Then he said that he sometimes sees 6 page, single-spaced birth plans with outrageous requests, and when they get a really wacky one they'll save it in a binder for posterity. But ours is very tame and will never make the binder as it is now.
I kind of feel like I'm not living up to my potential.
Thus, we need to spice up this birth plan a bit. We decided that we're going to add that we want to make a nice placenta smoothie and feed it to a goat. (We will kindly supply our own goat, in the event that the hospital doesn't have one handy.) I think this request would be more believable if we had a recipe for a good placenta smoothie to append to the birth plan. If anyone has had a tasty placenta smoothie in the past, please share your recipe with us. We're especially interested in recipes that require medical personnel participation because we think that will add to the doctor's freak out factor. Another option is to concoct some sort of alcoholic placenta beverage and have everyone involved in the birth do a shot together. (Well, not Pumpkin, because he'll be underage.) And to think I was just going to bring the nurses a box of chocolates. A placenta shot will go over so much better!
I will await your recipes.
(Disclaimer: This is a joke. We won't actually make a smoothie, or harm a goat in any way. And I definitely won't be doing a placenta shot. I don't even like to eat red meat. You think I'd drink a raw placenta??)
You went from funny to gross to funny all in one brief post. Kudos. I shall now spend the rest of my day scouring the interwebz for things to make your birth plan more palatable for the binder.
ReplyDelete