The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Saturday, October 9, 2010

We have hair!

Pumpkin is almost fully ripe, and we have a picture to prove it.  We had to go in for a growth/fluid ultrasound to be sure that our collective weight loss and smaller than average measurement was because of excessive puking, and not, say me not realizing that Pumpkin's water had broken.

Fortunately, the ultrasoud proved that excessive puking does indeed cause weight loss.  All the bulemics in the world know this, but I guess our doctor was still skeptical.  I'll give her a break because she's very nice and even prescribed me some super new drugs.  Plus, it's always nice to have an excuse to go into work late on a Friday because you're getting a bonus ultrasound.

So this is Pumpkin's newest pic:
There's not much to see, because he's getting a little big for the camera. :)  But that's his profile, and he has one little hand curled up, getting ready to punch the ultrasound wand.  He had an attitude about getting poked so much early in the morning- he didn't put on a good show like he did at the other vists, and didn't let us get many good pictures.  And he kept his legs pressed into his belly, which got in the way of the measurements she was supposed to be taking.

The two white dots at the end of the black lines are the bones in his wrist.  She also told us that he already has some hair (because his head had a white layer at the edge) and he is still a boy (although his foot was in the way so we couldn't get a clear shot) and he had a full bladder.

The new drugs have a long list fo scary side effects, and even the doctor said it might be best to start with a half dose.  A half dose ended up putting me to sleep for 12 hours, and when I woke up I was still in a happy drugged up fog.  So I'm not sure they're practical for use during the week, but I might try hawking them down where Route 55 meets Alston Ave.  There are always some people hanging out near the laundromat that would be happy to take these off my hands.

PS: Happy Burthday, Steph!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pumpkin,

    Please note that I picked October 23rd as your due date. If you could step it up, that would be much appreciated. I might even give you an extra toy. No guns though, you're not a little hill-billy baby.

    Love
    Aunt Steph

    P.S. Tell your mom she spelled "bulimic" wrong.

    ReplyDelete