Yay, Pumpkin has a place to sleep!
That's his crib. It's from Baby Appleseed, and they'll plant ten trees in Pumpkin's name, once he has a real name. His Babci made the crib skirt, curtains and organizer. And also the bumpers, which are still folded inside the crib because a) I can't figure out how they work and b) apparently newborns aren't supposed to sleep with crib bumpers, and you shouldn't to put them in until they're a few months old. So this buys me some time to figure out how to tie them in there.
Yes, that is a stuffed leukocyte and stuffed chlamydia on the lamp behind the glider. All babies need to learn about microbes and the immune reponse. We also have a stuffed syphilis, but that's not shown here.
Also, isn't that bug adorable? Andy didn't want to get it because he thought it was girly. But they sell them in every store down here, and I would ask to get one everytime because it's RED so it matches, and boys can like bugs! Eventually he gave in. I really hope this becomes Pumpkin's all-time favorite toy, or I'm going to look like a dumbass.
Andy picked the quote to go on this wall. It's from I Can Read with my Eyes Shut, if you don't remember your Seuss quotes.
That quote might be a little too deep for a baby, but he won't be able to read anyway so it's all good. It's the thought that counts. We want to make sure he isn't swayed by Plastics in high school. (Are there boy versions of the Plastics?)
Inside the closet there are many cute outfits with fuzzy animals on the feet.
Unfortunately, not everyone is excited to have the room taken over by Pumpkin. Behold:
This is our Top Cat, who thinks the glider was purchased just for her. We're letting her think that for now because it was a losing battle to keep her off it, and because I feel bad that this used to be "her" room before we took all the furniture out of it and Seuss-ified it
And this is our second string cat, who is more of a problem. We've only caught him actually in the crib once. (He prefers to sleep in the pack n play.) I think the mobile with hanging cat heads has scared him into staying out of it. But he was definitely thinking of pouncing here. In the cats' defense, Pumpkin has already made it clear that he doesn't like them either. One time Fenway tried to take a nap with me, and curled up near my belly and Pumpkin immediately started kicking at him.
No comments:
Post a Comment