Today was Chad's first time eating rice cereal. We made it ourselves. You just cook 1/2 cup of rice (The recipe we used suggested brown, basmati or jasmine. We went with brown, because it sounded more masculine than the others. Also, it was the only one we had. We have arborio rice, but that stuff is too expensive to be puree-ing for a baby. And I didn't think Rice-a-Roni would work.) and after it's cooked you cool it and puree it with a little bit of formula until it is the proper consistency. (It would have been helpful for us to know what the "proper consistency" was. We just guessed. Well, I guessed. Andy was busy tasting it and telling me how horrible it was.) It made about two cups.
Here it comes!
You can't tell from the picture, but our spoons have magic color-changing abilities.
Next time I need to keep those little hands from taking the spoon.
He wasn't a big fan. I'm sure this won't be the last time he insults my cooking.
Playing "Mr Bat is flying into the cave" was a good way to get him to smile big enough for me to slip the spoon in.
About now he decided he'd had enough.
In retrospect, a bib would have been a good idea. Live and learn.
Rice cubes! The recipe said you can try freezing them, but they may turn kind of gummy upon thawing. After tasting the stuff myself, I don't see how gumminess could make it much worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment