The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Friday, July 22, 2011

Blech-Eyed Peas

We wanted Chad to start eating some legumes, but the canned stuff has salt and other junk that babies don't need.  So we picked up a couple of bags of the dried kind.  Black-eyed peas are so cute, so we bought some of them.  We soaked them for 8 hours, then chopped them into little pea-lettes.  I knew he was going to enjoy them because they were such a labor of love. <3
To get Chad stoked for his new food we had a Black-Eyed Peas song playing during dinner.  I even did some dancing before the first spoonful.
It turns out that while Chad will chew on granite and lick rugs, he thinks black-eyed peas are disgusting.
Andy started taking this video after Chad's reaction to the first spoonful.  It shows me trying to sneak a second spoonful into his mouth.  There was some off-camera dancing still going on, which is why he's staring to the side.

About five minutes later, he was still spewing pea pieces.

And later that evening he threw up, just in case any peas made it down the hatch.
But I wasn't going to give up so easily.  For one thing, I had about two cups of black-eyed pea-lettes prepared.  Tonight we mixed one part pureed green peas with one part black-eyed peas.  Victory!!  At least until he finished that and I tried to slip some straight black-eyes to him.  He caught on to my plan and spit them on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment