Chad has been on the move lately!! He can't get his belly off the floor and move at the same time, but he is able to squirm pretty fast. I've been trying to get a good video of it, but it's hard because he's usually headed for something he shouldn't be and I have to drop the camera and intercept him.
He's learned to open drawers, so I guess I can't hide his birthday presents there anymore.
Last week he suddenly learned how to push his belly off the floor, and will either go onto his hands and knees, or hands and toes, and rock. He can also go from lying down, to rocking, to sitting up. He never stays in crawling position for very long before he falls down, so I don't have very good pictures of that yet.
You can't really tell, but he was in plank position here. Gotta get those baby abs in shape!
Fortunately, we can still keep him immobile if we need to. He hasn't figured out how to go from sitting to lying down yet. One leg goes backwards, but the other stays in front and acts as an emergency break.
Stuck!
And over the weekend he suddenly had a standing breakthrough, and can stand if he's holding onto something! He can even stand in front of the couch with one hand on the couch and one hand grabbing at a sleeping cat's tail. If the sleeping cat was Mariah I would have stopped him, but I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for Fenway these days.
He has a spotter, but that's some unassisted standing!!
We had a pretty big growth spurt over the past two weeks too. Even his teachers have said he looks longer and leaner. Just a month ago he still fit in 3-6 month clothing, but suddenly some of his 6-9 month clothes are too short. He's the oldest baby in his classroom yet, and the director commented that he'll be graduating to the Infant B room soon. I hope he doesn't move too soon because his teachers are so nice, and his classroom won the June Door Decoration contest. Which doesn't really mean anything for Chad, but I like that his teachers are creative. June's theme was "Water" and the teachers made a giant bird bath on the door, and each baby had a bird with their name on it. Before that was a butterfly themed door (to match the butterfly mobile that Chad earned an Ouch Report for). And this month's theme is Summer Fun, so the door is a giant watermelon slice, with each baby's name on a seed. Of course, Chad's seed is the cutest.
Look how tall!
After his tour of Duke we took him to Local Yogurt. But we didn't share our treats. Don't feel too bad for him- he got a nice cold bottle of formula.
Taking a bath after a particularly messy meal.
Tuesday was a long day, but at least one of us was still laughing at bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment