The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baby's First Hurricane

It has been a busy week for Chad, at least tectonically and atmospherically.
Hurricane Irene caused limited disturbances around our area, but she did cramp Chad's style.  It was the first day in forever that he didn't leave the house.  We almost always take him out for a bit, even just to chill on the back porch in the wind for a few minutes.  Hurricane Irene was a tad too windy for outdoor excursions, so Chad played inside with his Grammy.  The lights flickered a few times, but never went out.
As for the rest of us, I still managed to squeeze a 7 mile run in before the wind got too crazy, and Andy ventured out to pick up some wine for dinner.  Some things are just too important to do without.
I don't have any pictures of Chad from the day Hurricane Irene came to town, but I just found this picture, which was taken exactly one year ago today.  This was at 32 weeks, and I was tipping the scale at 136 pounds.  (Yes, I know the exact weight because I kept an Excel sheet of weight gain throughout the entire pregnancy.  Would you expect anything else?) 
Life is much better with an outside Chad.  And not just because my wardrobe is no longer so limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment