The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Friday, September 2, 2011

Moving up :(

Today was a sad day.  We learned this week that today would be Chad's last day in the Infant A classroom.  Babies get promoted to the Infant B room when they can walk, and although Chad can't walk yet, he's pretty good at mobility, and they need to make room for smaller babies.  He's been transitioning to the next room for awhile (that means he goes down and plays with the bigger babies for a few hours each day) and the teachers say he likes it a lot.  (Not that they would tell us if he hated it.)  They say that there's a lot more movement and excitement for him there, and even though he can't keep up with the bigger kids, he sits there and watches them and gets excited.  Whereas in Infant A, he's pretty much the entertainment, and there's no one to teach him new tricks.
Also, he's lost interest in the turtle pit. I put him in there one morning and he promptly propelled himself over the edge and landed face first on the floor.
Here are some pics of him playing in the famous turtle pit.

I don't think his new room has a turtle pit, but there seems to be some other fun things for him to play with.  He'll stay there until he's content to take his naps on a may instead of in a crib.  But he refuses to nap more than an hour all day when he's at school, so I'm not really sure how they'll judge that.
In honor of his graduation, we bought him his own set of Lamaze magnetic stacking bugs!  They had a big bucket of them in school, and he liked shaking them around.  The first time I went looking for some of them online, I found an Amazon person selling a set of 6 for $40.  That's called price gouging!  We since found a much more reasonable sextet at Buy Buy Baby.  I don't have a picture of Chad playing with them yet, but this is what they look like:
Aren't they cute??  They're good for shaking, chewing and stacking.

Chad's classmates gave him a nasty cold as a going-away present.  We're very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment