And because one picture of Chaddy is never enough, here's another one, with a weird smile, but he doesn't look quite so cross-eyed.
Anyway, we picked out this outfit so he would look tough and the bigger kids wouldn't pick on him. His little jeans are stylish-ly "distressed", which I think says, "I am fashion savvy enough to pull off the casual cool look without looking like a bum" and also "I'm not afraid to get in a rumble if need be." Please note the matching blue socks... it's all in the accessories. And the blue shirt brought out his blue eyes, which would win him points with the girls.
Moving on... The Infants B room has soooo much awesome stuff to play with! There is no turtle pit, but there are some giant foam sea serpent type things made out of turtle pit material. (I don't know what they do with them. I guess they can ride them, or lean against them, but they didn't look like they were used today. Chad and I will have to investigate them further on Friday.) We didn't find magnetic bugs, but there was a whole bin of little dinosaurs. And puppets! Who knew Chad loved puppets so much?!? We used the penguin and lamb and horse puppets today, and he cackled at all of them. (He didn't like the scary bear/wolf type puppet, but who can blame him?) The room also has a baby-sized kitchen with four tiny chairs at a table, and a little wooden stove and sink, and the sink has one of those little sprayer thingies with a hose, so Chad can learn the importance of washing dishes. But we didn't get a chance to play with that yet. When I left he had found a wooden board with puzzle pieces in it, and turned it upside down to dump all the pieces out, then used the peapod-shaped piece to bang on the board like a drum. Innovation: Chad has it. (Musical skills: well, we're working on them.)
We didn't even get a chance to explore the back corner yet, but I think there were some books over there.
His new teachers are named Miss Whitney and Miss Shanika, which is going to be confusing because two of his former teachers were Miss Brittany and Miss Gereka.
The new classroom wore Chad out. After eating a handful of Cheerios, he fell asleep with no fussing.
He is so big!! I love his outfit :)
ReplyDelete