The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Haul

(This post is only indirectly related to Chad, but it may be helpful to anyone who has a baby.  If you don't fit into that category, feel free to skip to the end, where there are a few pics.)

Omigosh, I love the Mom's of Multiples sales so much!  They are huge indoor yard sales that fill an entire gymnasium and draw ridiculous crowds. It's really well-organized, (though really crowded) and you can buy anything you could ever want for a baby.  Or for kids up to 7 years old, but the selection is more limited for them.  Like, racks and racks of clothing divided up by size, and then there are tables just of shoes, or just of potty training things, or just bouncers. And everything is super cheap and in fairly good condition.  I even saw a toddler bed being sold for $20 this time. If you are a mom of multiples you get to be a part of the club and sell your goodies, and also shop your heart out the night before. And then the general public gets to come shop bright and early the next morning. 
Chad's winter wardrobe is a little sparse, and because even sunny Carolina has a few days with temperatures below freezing, I needed to get him some sweaters and jeans. Brandi wanted a stroller and lots of linens. Last spring I got there 5 minutes before the doors opened and the line was wrapped around buildings, up some stairs and out into the parking lot.  This time, I showed up with my game face on. Brandi and I got there at o'dark o'clock and parked ourselves near the very front of the line with coffee and plenty of fabric grocery bags to carry our finds in.  Forty-five minutes later we finally got in.  It was a zoo, but worth the early cattle call to get first pickings at the clothes (and toys!!).
Chad's haul this time included 22 pieces of clothing (plus one hat!) a riding giraffe toy, a gator xylophone, a baby version of whack-a-mole, a (landline) phone toy (because he likes the one they have at school) and some hand-held Blackberry thing with a light up screen to teach him letters and numbers.  (I was hoping that would distract him from grabbing at our grown-up electronic toys, but he still tried to steal my iPad today.)  The grand total for these treasures?  $55!  And the most I paid for any item was $5, but that was a 3-piece outfit that still had the original tags on it, so I was willing to splurge a little.  Brandi filled an entire laundry basket with goodies, and got the same doorway jumper we have and the same musical table I scored at the last sale.  Now Chad and El Nino can jam together.
The next sale here will be March 17, so mark your calendars, local peeps!
Now... As promised, here are some pictures!!
Look who can stand himself up and beg for freedom!
Smiling before going to school. His hair been trimmed again since this picture was taken.  While we were out shopping last weekend (with Chad in a mint green striped shirt and khaki shorts), a well-meaning sales lady told us, "Oh, she is so pretty.  And she has such long eyelashes!"  I thought it was funny, but Andy got all mad. And then I thought that was funny too, because she had said something nice... it's not like she said, "Oh, your little girl is so dainty and feminine looking," not to mention that the long eyelashes come from Andy's genes anyway.  But he was all bent out of shape, so out came the scissors.
This is Scout, and he says Chad's name, and it is so funny to see Chad laugh and snuggle with him.  Look closely- Chad is liking Scout's paw. (Also, please note the shorter hair in this picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment