For some reason I had it in my head that Chad got his first haircut before he was even a year old, but according to the blog it happened when he was 13 months. (If you want a trip down memory lane, you can read about it here.) I also had it in my head that it was really, really important for Theo not to get his haircut before his first birthday. I don't know why I felt like this was such a big deal. Theo's little mullet of curls was getting a little disheveled looking, so as soon as he turned 1, I made an appointment for him at Peek-a-do.
Before. This pic really doesn't show the baby mullet in all it's glory.
Here's Chad in the same car and same penguin smock. Different location though- Peek-a-do has moved since 2011. Chad wins for chubbier cheeks.
During. He sat in the same primer-painted car that Chad got his first cut in. He was pretty good about the whole thing.
After. Can you believe how handsome he is??
He looks so grown up now! The lack of mullet really makes his eyes pop, and our little tarsier looks even more tarsier-ish. (You don't know what a tarsier is, do you? Google it, I'll wait.)
And Natalie feels better now that she has more hair than him.
Here are some pics of the back:
After that, we went home and FINALLY had two awake babies who wanted to open presents. Most presents were of the "flat" variety, and we will have four shiny new Dionos Amazon-ed to us soon. Minivan, you are not welcome in our driveway.
I think this card was his favorite gift.
She was dancing here. Shake it, Natalie!
That afternoon we ventured to the grocery store and took advantage of their double carts.
These are their Valentine's Day outfits, by the way. We wore them early so we can get more than one day's use out of them.
I only had maybe 5 or 6 people stop me and ask if they were twins.
And of those people, only one old lady was rude enough to ask if they were "natural".
But no one said, "Boy and girl? Are they identical?" this time, so maybe people are getting smarter.
On Sunday, Chad and I went to the circus!
Cotton candy and a crazy hat. And a corn dog for lunch. And after he was all sugared up I left him with Andy and went for a ten-miler.
After seeing the circus, Chad wants two horses. Not three, because three is too many. Just two, and they will live under the house, and Chad will feed them carrots and spiders.
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment