His four month check-up isn't until next week, so we don't have his new stats yet.
When I picked him up from daycare, he was in... the turtle pit!! Even though he can't sit up by himself, they let him play in there. This is a definite jump in his social status because only the coolest babies get to play in the turtle pit.
But he didn't really take advantage of this social breakthrough. He decided he would rather take a nap there than play. So he was spread eagle with toys all around him, and the younger babies (there are three who are younger than him now!) were all staring and wondering why he would waste the opportunity. I shouldn't have been surprised because he has been all about falling asleep at weird times lately.
Like in the middle of smacking his parrot...
or mid-squirm (yes, he really is asleep here)...
Or when he's supposed to be Skype-ing his uncle and grandparents
And even in the bath. Bet you didn't see that one coming.
In tummy time news, he's still working on his cobra pose.
This toy has a mirror on it, hence his captivation.
For the most part the cats ignore him, but now that he has begun to encroach on their territory (the floor) they have begun to supervise him a little more.
The Top Cat checking him out. The second string cat is an idiot and got scared of the camera light, so I don't have a picture of when he came over to visit.
Chad's other new accomplishment is sucking his thumb! I'm so proud of him for finding his thumb, because the sooner we can get rid the pacifiers the better. On one hand, the pacifier is wonderful because if he wakes up during the night we can give it to him and he'll immediately pass out again. However, this intrinsically means that we have to get out of bed to make him sleep. Whereas if he could just get better at remembering where his thumb is he could put it in his mouth himself and learn to fall back to sleep on his own.
Can you tell we think the thumb-sucking is cute and take pictures of it all the time?
Chad would also like to thank his Babci for the $2 in piggy bank money she sent him today. It raised his amount of liquid piggy bank assets to: $2.
"I could use this to take some of the honeys at daycare out on the town."
"Or I could just slobber on it. Nom nom nom."
He's chubby now! I like his smiley pictures!
ReplyDeleteHe prefers "big-boned"
ReplyDeleteHe's so freakin cute!
ReplyDelete