When I turned 15 months old, my parents gave me a little sister. We got Chad shoes and chalk. These are much more practical gifts, and required significantly less planning.
On Thursday morning we had a well-visit at the doctor. Chad's current stats are 24.5 pounds (51st percentile) and 31 inches (52nd percentile). And his body is finally catching up to his head-- head circumference dropped to the 60th percentile.
The doctor played with him and checked out his 2000 parts. The ruptured eardrum still shows signs of bursting, but she says it is on the mend.
Next came two shots! This time we got DTaP and pneumonia. And Chad made it clear that he did not agree with this aspect of the visit. He squirmed and kicked and flailed. The poor nurse suggested we get him into wrestling when he's older because of his feisty-ness and strong legs. The shots made for an unhappy Chad for the rest of the day. His teacher said he would sometimes stop playing to rub at his legs and whine. But he's over the pain by now, and can feel free to step on all the rusty nails he wants without fear of lockjaw.
Chad had a busy day of playing today! In addition to multiple rides on the Fisher Price school bus, he took his Rockin' Grasshopper for a spin.
He enjoyed the ride a lot more than his expression would suggest.
Until he didn't enjoy it anymore and wanted to get off.
He had some manicotti for dinner, and liked it so much that he licked the plate.
And then for a special 15 month birthday treat, I made him Cake Batter Rice Krispie treats, because the Cookie Princess made them look so tasty.
(If you're not using the Cookie Princess for your baking inspiration, you should be.)
Right now Chad is sleeping because we have a big day planned for him tomorrow! I'd tell you what it is, but I'm afraid you'll ruin the surprise for Chad. But here's a hint: he's wearing special jammies to bed and we read him a book about large extinct reptiles to get him in the spirit of things.
To make up for my blog slack-itude, here are some pics of Chad playing outside last weekend.
Doesn't the green shirt bring out his eyes nicely?
Chasing me down the sidewalk
Taking a little break.
Shortly after I took this picture he tripped off the patio and rolled into a mud patch.
So then we had to go in and strip before he could track mud all over the house.
After which he made a break for it. "Peace, mama. I'm out!"
I love his dragon T-shirt!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Chad liked the Rice Krispies Treats. I've got two more version for you coming soon. :)
ReplyDelete