The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Boo!
Chad doesn't always play with his Mega Blocks with food all over his face, but when he does, he makes certain to wear his glow-in-the-dark skeleton shirt.
 
 
 
I know you've all been anxiously awaiting seeing the front of Chad's costume.
First, here's another shot of the back.
 
He wore it to school, and kept it on all day. He even napped in it. He was playing in the sand and water station when I picked him up.

And here's another shot of the back.
The tail really is one of the best features of this costume.

OK, are you ready for the front?
Prepare yourself.  It's adorable.
Voila!  The cutest little raccoon ever!
 
Even Fenway couldn't get enough of him.

After dinner, we headed out for his first Trick or Treat experience.  (Last year was rainy, and the year before that he was in utero.)
At first he was a little nervous, and didn't want to carry his pumpkin.

This is a shot of his very first candy acquisition.  I may have scared our new neighbor by taking this picture, but I thought the event needed to be caught on film memory card.

He quickly got the hang of things, and although he couldn't quite get "Trick or treat" out, he came close a few times, and was always very good about saying "Tha-too" as we left each house. (tha-too = thank you)

Ignore my messy hair.  It was windy, and I was carrying a raccoon.  No one can look her best under those conditions.

We hit up maybe 20 houses.  I was SHOCKED by how many parents were driving their lazy kids around the neighborhood.  Not to sound old-fashioned, but back in the day we had to walk our butts around on Halloween, and it was way colder in NY.
After Chad got a good haul, we went back to man our front door and pass out Mike & Ikes.  Chad was tired, but wanted to stay up, so we all hung out on our front "porch" giving out candy.  (This way we didn't have to deal with a snarling Fenway every time someone knocked.)  While we were out there, Chad got to eat his first piece of candy- a Reese's cup!
He shared it with me. :)

Sadly, a good deal of Chad's earnings are toddler un-friendly (I just don't trust him to eat Skittles without choking), so I guess Andy and I will have to take one for the team and help him out.  I've already done my part by eating his Heath bar.

Lucky for us, Chad is all about sharing.  He got some birthday cards with piggy bank funds today, so I handed him his cash and told him to have Daddy put it in his piggy bank.  He wandered around with it, and then handed some to me, some to Andy, and even lay a bill down in front of Fenway.
Fenway was unimpressed.
Then he ran after Mariah calling, "Rah-rah!" and tried to give her some money too.  "Rah-rah" is still terrified of Chad, so she took off and consequently is $1 poorer than she could have been.
Chad came back in the great room, and saw that Fen hadn't taken his money yet, so he moved it a little closer, just to be sure Fen knew it was for him.

He is such a generous little 23.75 month old.



 








1 comment:

  1. So friggin' cute! The tail really is the best part. And you look great to mamasita

    ReplyDelete