Plus, this is the only way I learn what Chad has actually done at school. Most of our conversations go like this:
"Chad, what did you do at school today?""I don't know.""Did you play with your friends?""Yes.""Who did you play with?""Mason.""What did you and Mason play?""I don't know.""OK, so what did you have for lunch?""Fruit."
It's even more exciting when one of our kids is featured in the pictures from the past week. Although we really shouldn't be surprised when this happens because a) they make up like 10% of the school's population (15% by volume, if you count Natalie's hair bows) and b) they are by far the cutest little trio to ever grace the halls of their school.
These are some of the pictures we've gotten in the past few weeks of newsletters:
Random face-painting on a Friday. I don't know what kind of face paint this was, but it took a lot of scrubbing to get it off. (That's a spider on his face, by the way.)
One week, the 3s focused on media and pretended to be news reporters:
I wish I saw the video of what he was talking about. I'm sure he was sharing something fascinating about lawnmowers and weed whackers. A few months ago he was the class weather man for the day, and his weather report went like this: "Yesterday it was cold and rainy and there were puddles. Today it is sunny and muddy."
This picture kind of confused me when I saw it. They were coloring pasta for some reason.
(BTW, I kind of bought him that fish shirt as a joke, and now whenever he wants to wear it my heart dies a little.)
But then a few days later, he came home with this:
Finally, this was in yesterday's e-mail. They learned how to shuck corn, then ate cooked it and ate it for their snack:
We also had some homework last night:
Completed in purple ink, because that's the first pen I grabbed. I don't think they'll take points off for that.
The babies class isn't as exciting, so we don't get as many pictures of them, but this is Natalie and a friend playing outside:
And Theo is in the background, in blue.
The babies also had candids taken that were used to decorate the classroom, and we got some big ones to take home and decorate their bedroom door with:
Yes, I'm being ghetto and showing you a picture of pictures. Sigh.
Our printer/scanner/copier made a super scary "ker-thunk" noise when it was turned on, and seems to be dead as a door nail. And since Andy = IT, he's been trying to repair it instead of buying a new one, partly because buying a new one will mean going to Best Buy, which will then lead both of us to drink. Andy because he'll have to deal with Best Buy, and me because I'll have to listen to him complain about Best Buy for the rest of the day. With three kids, we can't both be drunk at the same time, unless we hire a babysitter beforehand. Buuuuuutttt, after a few weeks of screwdrivers and rubbing alcohol and printer parts littering the office, I think we've finally agreed that it cannot be salvaged. Until we work up the nerve to go to Best Buy, you may be seeing pictures of pictures. I'll keep you posted on that excitement. :)
Next week's theme is "Think Pink", and they've been challenged to wear pink every day of the week. Natalie is all, "Pffftt, just a week? I could wear a different pink hair bow every day for a MONTH!" Technically, Theo has access to enough pink clothes in his size that he could participate too, but I don't know if Andy will let me do that. Maybe if I promise not to accessorize him with pink hair bows.





No comments:
Post a Comment