Awww, look, it's a flashback to Chaddy posing with pumpkins for his first Halloween!
We had to get some pictures of Theo and Natalie with pumpkins for their first Halloween. Unfortunately, they fell asleep in the car on the way to the "patch", and for a moment there I thought this was going to be the best shot we were going to get:
Shortly afterwards they woke up and we plopped each of them down in the pumpkins. As expected, Natalie was up for anything and smiled for the camera.
These pictures would have been cuter with her bow on. I take responsibility for this oversight.
But then it was Theo's turn, and he wanted nothing to do with this tradition.
"This grass is wet, and these gourds are dead. WHY are you people making me sit here?"
I feel like for most of his almost nine months, Theo has been wondering why his parents are such idiots and how long he's going to have to humor us. About 12 years from now he's going to get a letter by owl, telling him he's been accepted to Hogwarts, and then a half-giant will show up and say, "Yer a wizard, Theo!" and it will all suddenly make sense and he'll say, "I knew I was special, and nothing like these Muggles who want me to smile for cameras in pumpkin patches." And then he'll go off and become a transfiguration star, but will never play Quidditch because I'll never sign the release form for him to be allowed to fly on a broom.
And here's Chad, hanging out with some bumpy gourds, to show how much he's grown since 2011.
Chad picked a pumpkin for himself, and also littler ones for Theo and Natalie, and then Andy and I got fat pumpkins. Three have already been carved, but Andy and I still have to do ours this week. Chad did spiders, and we did a black cat for Theo (because he likes Fenway) and Natalie got a skull with a bow on its head.
And then today we did a bunch of other stuff, but I'm not showing those pictures now because it's late. Except for this one- 24 hours after we made him sit in wet grass, Theo has gotten over the indignity and was willing to smile for me.
"Dry jammies and not a gourd in sight. This is more like it."
No comments:
Post a Comment