The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Boppy time with a new BFF

Look who can sit up almost all by himself!

Just needs a little help from the Boppy.


The green fuzziness in those pictures is his stuffed Grinch.  Chad has recently decided that the Grinch is his new best friend.  I think we're going to have to retire his onesie that says, "Mommy's Best Friend", because I have been downgraded.  A Grinch is kind of a cool stuffed friend to have, and much more interesting than a nondescript teddy bear or (God forbid) Elmo.  And because How the Grinch Stole Christmas never gets old, I will happily read him that story at bedtime every night.
The Grinch has hair coming out of all of his appendages, which seems to be a perk for teething.  I'm pretty sure Grinch looks forward to Chad's naps so his paws have a chance to dry.


(There's no graceful way to transition to the next part of this post, so I'm just going to jump right into it.)
The SSA has released its list of the 1000 most popular baby names for 2010.  "Chad" ranked 547th for boys' names.  There were only 458 babies named Chad last year.  (And I think we all know which of those 458 Chads is the cutest.)  There were more babies named Kyler, Xzavier, Colt and Maximiliano than Chad.  (I swear I did not make any of those names up.)  Our goal when picking his name was to give him something that he wouldn't have to share with any other classmates while he was growing up. I didn't want him to be one of a dozen Aidens and Jaydens. In his current daycare class, the only name that is shared by multiple babies is Elijah, so so far we've achieved our goal.  It's a good thing Chad wasn't a girl, because our pick for a girl name was on the list of Top Ten names that saw the biggest increase in popularity.

1 comment: