The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

The Pumpkin and The Valen-twins

Monday, May 2, 2011

Wesotego Alleluia!

I realized I never wrote about Chad's first Easter!  I hope the suspense of how he spent it wasn't too much for ya'll to handle.
For his first Easter we tried to go light on the religious significance.  I was afraid that if we dwelled too much on the nailing to the cross part, then Chad would get scared of Christianity and back out before his Baptism happened.  We went the "commercial" route and let him eat everything in his Easter basket.  Or at least try to eat it all.

He ate a card:

He ate a taggies baseball:

He ate a book:

And then he ate another book:

Then back to the baseball:

Chad spent Easter Sunday with us and our friends, and heard the story about Peter Cottontail twice before bedtime.
Next year he'll be old enough to do fun things like dye eggs, so stay tuned.
And this has nothing to do with Chad, but I was extraordinarily proud of my deviled eggs, so here's a picture of them:

Amazing aren't they?  That's paprika, dill sprigs, capers, olives, pimentos and sriracha sauce on top, on a bed of lettuce in a Polish dish.
The Baptism post is coming soon.  (By soon I mean sometime this week, not tonight.  It's late, and I want to get some sleep before poop-plosion numero tres happens today.  Apparently teething is related to GI distress.  Who knew?)

No comments:

Post a Comment