This weekend Chad was baptized at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Durham. Doesn't he look smashing in his little outfit. It's the same one Andy and his Uncle Earl wore many moons ago. :) Except the shoes and socks were a gift from Cool Aunt Steph, now also known as Aunt Sneezy.
Then it was time for the Baptism.
That's us at the front of the church. There was another baby being baptized, but she wasn't as cute as Chad. Just being honest here.
The priest did some blessings and made a cross on Chad's head, and then we all did too. Then all the kids in the parish were invited to come up and make a cross on the new babies heads too.
My mom said this part made her get teary. I was crying on the inside too, but it was because I was imagining all the germs that the other kids were rubbing into poor Chad's head.
Then we marched our way back to the baptismal font, for the real fun.
No tears!! And isn't that a good action shot? It's Mike's handiwork.
After the dunking, we all marched back to the front, and the priest held Chad up and introduced him and everyone clapped.
Yay for Chad!
Then things took a turn for the worse.
We went back to the pew, and Chad immediately puked. It was like an entire bottle's worth. It was the first time that he's done something like that. It was Exorcist style. He got it all over the pew, the floor, and my arm. When I told my co-worker about this, she said that because he was Baptized he had to get all the bad out of him. I don't know how he got all that bad in him in the first place, but I'm glad it's out.
Mike and the grandmothers brought the gifts up, but I couldn't get a picture of that without the priest catching me and getting mad because "church is not a photo op." And after Chad's projectile vomiting I had a feeling we were already dancing on thin ice.
After mass was over we took some nice photos inside and outside the church.
We also took this one:
I don't know what those two were doing.
With the godmommy and the proxy goddaddy
With all the grandparents
With two uncles
With his hot parents.
Just showing off his little hat. He was about done with pictures by this point.
Back at the house, Chad fell asleep, but the rest of us had lunch from Saladelia, Guinness cake and cake pops. Chad eventually came back out to join the party, looking wicked cool.
*I normally try to avoid putting pics of Chad's handsome mug on Facebook, but since there were so many from this weekend I put an album on there. It's sort of a pain to upload 50 pictures onto Blogger. So if you want more Chad, that's where the other pics are.*
No comments:
Post a Comment