Next she watched his gross motor skills, like rolling over and eating his feet. We both got weighed and then she left, but there was some homework for both of us. I had a big questionnaire to fill out, about topics such as how Chad and I are sleeping (straight through the night, thank you!), exercising (I'm doing fine, but Chad has yet to strap on his first pair of running shoes), and eating. Chad and I also provided three saliva samples each the next day, and those will be tested for the stress hormone, cortisol (if you don't know much about the effects of stress, I have a 400+ page thesis you can read), and Chad wore an accelerometer for 24 hours to monitor his sleep and wake patterns. The daycare teachers thought he was on house arrest when he showed up with an ankle bracelet. He didn't even realize it was there.
For our participation, we were given a cool $75! We agreed to split it 50/50. Chad is using his half for diapers, and I'm donating mine to the "I Can Has New Car? Fund".
Our little cash cow
No comments:
Post a Comment