This would be his "tanning" pose, which used to be his favorite sleeping position, but was recently replaced with the "ostrich"/"booty in the air" pose.
The second string cat keeping a close eye on the situation.
After a good 30 minutes of sleeping on the floor, the little dude was ready for some farm action.
When you're a farmer, you get to ride on 70s.
We started off with the corn maze.
The ground in the maze was pretty bumpy, but our Baby Jogger handled it just fine. The babies whose parents brought them to the maze in Chicco travel systems and umbrella strollers were green with jealousy. As usual, giraffe and parrot accompanied Chad on his stroller ride.
Corn.
Another dead end.
Hydration break. (And look who has almost graduated from bottles!)
Maybe next year, he'll be big enough for the pony ride. They also have horseback riding tours for the much older kids. Chad rode a horse in Mexico when he was an inside baby, and I'm not that excited about getting back on a horse with him anytime soon.
Isn't that little crab hoodie so cute??
He was too small for the bouncy castle or the toddler area, but we put him in the sandbox and let him wave a shovel around.
Next we took a food break, and Chad got to eat a teeny tiny piece of funnel cake.
And finally, we stopped at the pumpkin patch! No pumpkins were purchased because they were more expensive than the pumpkins at the supermarket. Also, there were some freaky mutant pumpkins. This was merely a photo op.
The requisite baby-with-pumpkins-for-his-first-Halloween shot.
Finally, something really exciting happened last night, at least according to my ears. A new family moved in across the street, and they have a boy who will turn 2 next week and a girl who is 4 months old. Last night, we got home and found the dad bouncing the baby outside, because she was fussing and he was afraid if he soothed her inside her crying would wake her sleeping brother. Chad and I went over to chat with them, and as soon as Chad saw the baby he shouted something that sounded an awful lot like, "Baby!" I'm standing by this as being his first word. I don't think Andy believes it happened, but I was the one holding Chad, so I think I was a better witness anyway.
You got another ride because of your "charm"? Is that what they call wearing a V neck sweater and riding a mechanical bull in NC, "charm"? :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I had a feeling that was why I got an extra ride. But let's pretend it's because I was so smiley when I bought my ticket.
ReplyDelete